If you’re honest, kind and respectful to others, you’ll always be welcome here. If you choose not to be, you may not last. Our goal is to allow users to express themselves freely as long as it doesn’t offend others. Everyone is held to the same standard on Skelvy. We’re asking you to be considerate, think before you act and abide by our community guidelines both on and offline.
How to get banned from Skelvy:
- Inappropriateness – if you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face, don’t say it on Skelvy. Keep in mind, there is a human being on the other end of your screen. Be respectful with anyone you interact with in the Skelvy community. If you are disrespectful, offensive, threatening or rude to another user, we reserve the right to ban.
- Hate – we have a zero-tolerance policy on hate speech. Any content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or gender identity is strictly forbidden and may result in you being permanently banned.
- Harassment – any reports of stalking, threats, bullying, intimidation, invading privacy or revealing other people’s personal information is taken very seriously. That means no taking screenshots of other people’s profiles or conversations and posting or distributing them publicly. Skelvy reserves the right to ban any user that has exhibited behaviour that is threatening, intentionally malicious or harmful to other users.
- Scamming – we have a zero-tolerance policy on predatory behaviour of any kind. Anyone attempting to get other users private information for fraudulent or illegal activity may be banned. Also, any user caught sharing their own financial account information for the purpose of receiving money from other users may be banned.
- Spamming – don’t be fake. Be real instead. Soliciting other users is prohibited on Skelvy. If the purpose of your message is to drive people to external websites via a link or otherwise, it is probably in violation of our terms of service and may get you banned.
- Nudity or sexual content – service wasn’t invented to show off your most provocative photos. We’re not asking you to comb your hair to one side and put on your Sunday best; just try to keep it classy and appropriate for public consumption. No nudity, no sexually explicit content, no sex toys. Also, if you choose to sport a thong, please note: suggestive poses are not allowed on Skelvy. Photos that violate these guidelines may be deleted and the most severe cases may result in account removal.
- Violent or graphic content – we do not tolerate violent, graphic or obscene photos or profiles containing hate speech on Skelvy and will remove any such content that we identify. Any content that we deem disrespectful to others in the community may be removed and the users banned, depending on its severity. With this in mind, please exercise restraint and respect for others in the community when posting hunting photos, as many users find images of dead animals disturbing.
- Children unattended – standard supermarket rules only. No children unaccompanied by an adult – in this case, we’re talking about your profile photos. Even if it’s you at age seven and it’s the cutest you ever. This is to protect kids. Their safety is more important than your adorableness of years past – we reserve the right to remove these photos.
- Copyright infringement – if it doesn’t belong to you, it doesn’t belong on your Skelvy profile. Any of your profile content that someone else owns the copyright to (and has no granted your authorization to use) may be deleted.
- Phone numbers and private information – no, we don’t need your digits. Please do not publish a phone number on your profile. Private information of any sort, such as phone numbers, social security, numbers, addresses, passwords or financial information is subject to removal and may result in you being banned.
REPORT ALL BAD BEHAVIOUR
- On Skelvy – from the settings screen, open a community and tap a help bar for more
- Off Skelvy – if need be, contact our customer care team